Mission and Vision
The purpose of the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning is to support and promote effective and innovative teaching that enhances learning at Mercer University College of Pharmacy. The Center supports this purpose through the following:
- Facilitates faculty dialogue and continued professional development about learning and teaching methodology, and the issues critical to effective teaching and learning
- Assists the faculty in examining and critically reflecting on their pedagogy
- Fosters the exchange of teaching techniques among colleagues
- Sustains the vision of teaching as a scholarly activity essential to the mission of the University, the College, and the goals of the faculty
- Promotes the importance of teaching and learning in the College
- Informs the faculty of literature on teaching and learning
- Encourages the use of technology as a tool for learning in the curriculum
The vision of CATAL is to create a learning-centered community that promotes a culture of excellence in teaching and learning.
Who We Are
The members of CATAL listed below are committed to working to fulfill and advance the mission of the Center.